Survey Report: Impact of COVID-19 in Taiwan
- March 2021
Taiwanese are feeling optimistic about next year's macro environment because the hospital-acquired infection cases in January have been well-controlled, vaccination has started in a number of countries and Taiwan is about to kick off the AstraZeneca shots.
- Among all product categories, medicine/health supplements, household goods, and packaged foods are still the ones people plan to buy the most, but the trend to spend less will continue till the end of 2021.
- About 70% of the opinion elites invest in stocks. In addition, nearly 40% of opinion elites invest in F/X and insurance products.
- More than 40% of all and more than half of the women show low intent to get vaccine.
- Businesses should keep close attention to the Tomb Sweeping Day Long Weekend and the Taiwan-Palau travel bubble, which is to start from April. In terms of the rebound of non-essential items, department store retailers can expect the mother's day pre-orders/sales to rise again.
- The overall vaccination rate and situation is what retailers and travel businesses should keep their eyes on for the next few months.
Download the report here!